307.2-2 Prohibited Open Burning
Burning of rubbish of any kind shall be prohibited except between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon, Mondays through Saturdays and only in a receptacle that prevents burning particles from being blown about by the wind.
- No person shall burn garbage of any kind anywhere in the City of Butler, except in an approved incinerator.
- No person shall burn leaves, weeds, grass, vines or other vegetation anywhere in the City of Butler, except the burning of leaves shall be permitted on private property from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays, during the months of October and November.
- No person shall burn any materials causing heavy smoke or noxious odors anywhere in the City of Butler.
- No person shall burn any scrap construction material or building debris of any kind anywhere in the City of Butler.
- Recreational fires are permitted on private property only in an approved container, with a readily available water source nearby. Seasoned dry hardwood to be burned only and with a permit obtained from the Fire Bureau. Any complaints will be handled by the Fire Bureau to determine whether the fire is considered a nuisance and should be extinguished.
- Fines for violations of the above will be $300 dollars and will be issued by the Fire Chief/Fire Marshal.